Construction Updates – Current as of July 23, 2018
- On April 30, 2018 crews began to demo and replace existing asphalt with new asphalt along both H1 Eastbound and Westbound areas within the project limits. This work was done to re-align the existing asphalt pavement with new concrete panel elevation grades and allow a smooth transition during construction between the new precast concrete panels and the existing asphalt for the traveling public. This work was completed on May 12, 2018.
- On May 7, 2018 Crews began removing the new asphalt pavement and replacing with precast concrete panels. The construction sequence is as follows:
- Sawcut – Sawcutting the existing pavement into panelized blocks for ease in demolition efforts
- Demolition – Remove the sawcut panelized blocks of existing pavement
- Set Panel – Place new reinforced precast concrete sections onto finished grade
- Grout Panel – Grout the precast concrete section to one another to secure in place
- The construction sequence is linear and repetitive, with the crews starting work on the inside lanes (near the median) first and working towards the outside lanes. To assist in mitigating the overall impact to the public, both the eastbound and westbound travels lanes will be worked on simultaneously as well as working in multiple areas each night within the same lane to optimize the lane closures.
- The pre cast concrete panel installation is expected to continue until September 15th, 2018.
- The projects design and construction planning for phase two work is currently in progress and is on schedule to be completed by October 2018, with preliminary work beginning in late August 2018